Lauren-Jane du Toit (Bartholomew), RD (SA) ,completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics at the University of Stellenbosch. Thereafter she did her community service year at the Port Alfred Public-Private Hospital in the Eastern Cape.
Lauren has a passion for working with people and helping them achieve their goals. Seeing a smile on her patients’ faces makes her day! She has a passion and love for food. Always thinking about the next meal, what’s on the menu and what the combination is going to be?
Lauren has been in private practice since beginning of 2012 and is enjoying it thoroughly! She is a mom to a busy boy, and expecting baby Number 2 in May 2019,so she understands the high demands on life to be healthy and stay active as well as spend time with family.
Lauren is also registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as well as the Association of Dietetics South Africa (ADSA) and attends continuous education programmes and reads articles to stay abreast with the latest and upcoming research in nutrition.
She is involved in private corporate wellness days and does extensive individual dietary assessments and meal plans. Lauren now operates from 2 offices- Durbanville and Panorama Intercare.
Make an Appointment
We provide a variety of services in the Dietetics field to suit your individual needs.
Please note - We do not support the LCHF/Banting lifestyle.
We offer a very popular 8 and 12 week weight loss package which includes:
- These rates are for 2021 only
- An initial 1 hour consultation
- Individualised 7 day meal plan (big variety)
- 4 or 6 follow-up's every 2 weeks
- Necessary changes/ alterations can be made throughout the programme
- 8 weeks: R2300 (2- weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R2900 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 8 weeks: R3100 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R3900 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- Monitoring programme (No meal plan- just guidelines to apply)
- 8 weeks:R1880 / 12 weeks: R2520
- 8 weeks : R2640 / 12 weeks : R3540
- We can also claim from your medical aid savings account according to your schemes rates - These rates will be more than rates above
- Discount is offered to join for another 8 or 12 weeks
- Couples packages available - see above
Vitality nutritional assessments
- We are registered on the Discovery Vitality network
- Discovery members can earn 1000 points per annum R420 pp cash or card
- Individualised meal plans are done at an additional charge according to the practice rates
- Diabetes (type 1 and 2)
- Gestational diabetes
- Gastrointestinal problems (IBS/ intolerances/hernia/diverticulitis)
- Arthritis & gout
- High blood pressure & cholesterol
- Renal failure
- Nutrition during and after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Home visits are offered if patient is bed-bound
This practice is linked to all major medical aids in South Africa.
Consultations and meal plans can be claimed directly on your behalf according to your schemes rates, provided you have a medical aid savings portion.
Cash payments are slightly lower than medical aid rates. We do have card facilities available.
For more enquiries regarding fees, please contact us.
Lauren du Toit 0726746981