Lauren-Jane du Toit (Bartholomew), RD (SA) ,completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics at the University of Stellenbosch. Thereafter she did her community service year at the Port Alfred Public-Private Hospital in the Eastern Cape.
Lauren has a passion for working with people and helping them achieve their goals. Seeing a smile on her patients’ faces makes her day! She has a passion and love for food. Always thinking about the next meal, what’s on the menu and what the combination is going to be?
Lauren has been in private practice since beginning of 2012 and just celebrated her 10 years service in private practice! She is a mom to 2 busy boys, ages 7 and 3 years ,so she understands the high demands on life to be healthy and stay active as well as spend time with family. She loves exercising with fellow moms and enjoys coffee dates (when there is spare time 😄)
Lauren has a special interest in heling individuals with achieving a healthier lifestyle through losing weight, making better decisions and developing a healthier relationship with food through mindful eating principles
Lauren is also registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as well as the Association of Dietetics South Africa (ADSA) and attends continuous education programmes and reads articles to stay abreast with the latest and upcoming research in nutrition.
She is involved in private corporate wellness days and does extensive individual dietary assessments and meal plans. Lauren operates from 2 offices- Durbanville and Panorama Intercare.
Make an Appointment
We provide a variety of services in the Dietetics field to suit your individual needs.
Please note - We do not support the LCHF/Banting lifestyle.
We welcome Carli Loots, Registered Dietitian to Laurens team at Panorama intercare as from January 2023. She will be available at Panorama every day to provide consultations as needed.
We offer a very popular 8 and 12 week weight loss package which includes:
- These rates are for 2023 only
- An initial 1 hour consultation
- Individualised 7 day meal plan (big variety) to get you going
- 4 or 6 follow-up's every 2 weeks
- Necessary changes/ alterations can be made throughout the programme if necessary but not a new menu immediately
- 8 weeks: R2600 (2- weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R3280 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 8 weeks: R3695 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R4695 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- We can also claim from your medical aid savings account according to your schemes rates - These rates will be more than rates above
- Discount is offered to join for another 8 or 12 weeks
- Couples packages available - see above
Vitality nutritional assessments
- We are registered on the Discovery Vitality network (Please book your appointment BEFORE 15 december 2023!!)
- Discovery members can earn 1000 points per annum R480 pp cash or card. This is a body composition analysis and dietary advice session based on info given during the consultation
- Individualised meal plans are done at an additional charge according to the practice rates
- Diabetes (type 2)
- Gestational diabetes
- Pre-Diabetes Or insulin Resistance
- Gastrointestinal problems (IBS/ intolerances/hernia/diverticulitis)
- Arthritis & gout
- High blood pressure & cholesterol
- Renal failure (depending what stage and treatment is given)
- Oncology (symptomatic treatment)
- Nutrition during and after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Home visits are offered if patient is bed-bound
This practice is linked to all major medical aids in South Africa.
Consultations ,meal plans and follow ups can be claimed directly on your behalf according to your schemes rates, provided you have a medical aid savings portion. This is 100% medical aid rates.
Cash payments are slightly lower than medical aid rates. We do have card facilities available.
1st consultation is R690 (1 hour) This includes dietary guidelines based on the body composition assessment done in the consultation.
7 day meal plan with shopping list is R550
Follow ups: R450 for once a month (30min) or R340 for every 2 weeks (20min)
Just an INBODY analysis check with Carli Loots- Dietiitian at panorama intercare R350- 30min (to give a breakdown of your comprehensive body composition graphically) (ONLY AVAILABLE AT PANORAMA INTERCARE) *
(DOES NOT INCLUDE DIETARY GUIDELINES)*
For couples or 2 people coming together:
1st consultation is R950
7 day meal plan and shopping list R745
Follow ups : R600 for once a month (30min) or R500 every 2 weeks (30min)
Lauren du Toit 0726746981